Saw Operator / Forklift Driver Job Description:
1) Operates a battery circular saws to cut wood blocks for processing, must be able to read job order to determine the length of the wood blocks required.
2) Secures blocks in clamps of automatic - feed saw, preset to specified length.
3) Closes safety cover and depresses controls to start saw and activate automatic feed.
4) Loads additional saws and monitors sawing operations to detect machine malfunctions.
5) Removes sawed blocks from saws at end of automatic cycle.
6) Holds sawed block against stop of manual - feed saw, starts saw, and feeds block into blade to complete specified cuts.
7) Measure cut blocks to verify conformance with job order, using calipers and micrometers.
Load and unload products from trailers using forklift trucks and other material handling equipment.
Store the products in proper places in warehouse.
Transport products to and from warehouse and distribution centers.
Deliver products to various units in safely and timely manner.
Sort, pack, wrap, tie and label products as per company procedures.