Carpenter Assistants needed around the Bluffton/HHI area. Long-term, year-round, full-time work that will lead to a great career path with a successful company.
1) Clean work areas, machines, and equipment, to maintain a clean and safe jobsite.
2) Cover surfaces with laminated plastic covering material.
3) Select tools, equipment, and materials from storage and transport items to work site.
4) Assists with using hand tools such as saws, drills, hammers, and other cutting tools. So you can cut lumber and/or paneling to specified dimensions, and drill holes in the lumber if needed.
5) You may be asked to assist with tie spacing layout, then measure, mark, drill and/or cut.
6) You will also assist with smoothing and sanding surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking from the area.