Yorba Linda, CA
Location - Yorba Linda
Pay rate - $25 - $35
Shift - 2nd shift 2pm - 10:40pm Monday - Friday
Produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine according to the dimensions required on the technical drawings. Maintains quality and safety standards; keeps records; maintains equipment and supplies.
• Cuts a variety of materials using a CNC Machine executing pre-programmed sequences of machine control command as defined in the technical drawings.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains specifications by observing cutting; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs in E2.
• Wears required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and ensures safe operation of all equipment.
• Works on non-CNC cutting projects and performs other duties as assigned. (10-20%)
• Maintains a clean working environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Able to interpret instructions both written and oral.
• Able to work in a team with co-workers to resolve work-related issues.
• Experience with hand tools and power tools as required.
• Good measurement skills with the ability to measure to 1/32” with a tape measure, .001” with calipers or micrometers.
• Intermediate math skills - count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to convert between fractions and decimals.
• Understanding of three-dimensional XYZ coordinate system required.
• Knowledge of CNC machine operations.
• Able to read and understand blueprints, cut lists, and shop instructions.
• Able to qualify first part in batch against print within tolerances, and to monitor and adjust settings on subsequent parts to run good quality parts.
• Able to work independently, with little to no supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 5 years experience in manufacturing setting required, 3 years with CNC Machines.
• CNC coursework and/or machine tool training preferred.