Elias & Co. Staffing is seeking a hard chrome plater.
• Must be able to read traveler to determine the optimum process for the designated part to be plated and follow the traveler process specifications step by step.
• Will sets up and control plating equipment to coat metal objects chemically with chromium to provide protective surfaces.
• Will monitor process control of all plating and cleaning baths to ensure process is within predetermined parameters.
• Must be able to follow established safety procedures and work instructions.
• Measures, marks and masks areas exclude from plating per traveler.
• Must be able to operates overhead crane for submerging the parts in plating or cleaning baths.
• May operate electroplating equipment with reverse polarity, known as platting stripper.
• Will work with substances defined as hazardous waste, such as chrome sludge.
• Could potentially handle hazardous waste in containerizing, transporting, testing, or other assigned duties.
• Responsibilities will include production line plating, chemical waste handling, plating of Hexavalent chrome on steel and metal parts.
• Other related tasks include but are not limited to acid etching, antiquing, powder coating and other related tasks.
• Must have hazardous waste water experience or plating line operations. We do not plate raw plastic or raw zinc.
• Must be able to read blue prints
• Experience with Microsoft Office Skill such as Excel, Work and Outlook
• Must have excellent math skills; this position will require you to be able to calculate square inches of parts to be chromed
• Knowledge of plating process and able to operate rectifiers
• Position requires accurate use of a tape measure.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs and use lifting devices
• Work history must be current
• Must be able to perform your duties without any limitations or restrictions.
• You will be asked very specific job-related questions prior to be offered a position.
• Must have at least 3 years of active production line experience.