Position: CNC Machinist
Pay range: $24/hr-$30/hr DOE
Job Summary: Set-up and operate CNC lathe and mills according to job and program specifications while ensuring that quality, dimensions, and key characteristics are maintained and documented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate CNC lathes and mills;
- Maintain maintenance of machinery by keeping coolant and oil at operable levels;
- Responsible for quality of work as well as monitoring and documenting key characteristics parts;
- Making necessary minor adjustments to programs as needed;
- Deburring of own parts if needed to maintain one piece flow;
- Download/upload programs from computer to machine on a job to job basis.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 2-4 years experience recommended;
- Knowledge of machine codes and CAD/CAM programs;
- Ability to comply with company policies.
Inter-Relationships: Works hand in hand with Manufacturing Supervisor and Production Manager.
Working Conditions/Environment: Shop environment.
Needed Attributes: Strong math skills, good work ethic, communication skills, with good attendance due to over-time and a positive outlook on company procedures and policies. Ability and flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and changing assignments on short notice.