Los Angeles, CA
Industrial Machine Operator
The Edible Rendering Operator is responsible for operating equipment used to render and process animal sourced material including animal fat trimming.
· Completes inspection of equipment to determine if sanitation is adequate to begin rendering process.
· Assembles rendering equipment including expellers, grinders, pumps, pipes, blades, cooking tanks.
· Tests equipment to determine proper functioning.
· Check tank availability/levels and manipulate valves to set the tank to be used.
· Remove product from tempering cooler, using powered lift vehicle(s), and securing product into the dumper
· Grinding pork and beef limbs
* Noise level: moderate to loud
* Perform tasks requiring reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, talking, and hearing.
* Requires the ability to lift or move objects up to 60 pounds.
* Sustained and frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, torso, and arms.
* Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and focus.
* Stand and/or walk for sustained periods of time on a daily basis
** Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions, extreme cold and heat, working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes and/ or airborne particles, and chemicals.