The Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk is mainly responsible to calculate & process customer invoices, verify accuracy of payments and maintain data. We are seeking a candidate with strong attention to detail to work in a fast-paced office environment.
* Prepare daily payment deposits, fill out cash control sheet daily and file accordingly.
* Manage Job Order Process steps that the AR Coordinator is responsible for:
o Establish credit terms
o Invoice customers for job order deposits and final billing according to the client’s credit terms
o File signed pre and post invoice documents in Job Order binders
o Post received invoice payments
o Collect any outstanding balances
* Identify and resolve problems and inconsistencies and suggest appropriate corrective procedures.
o Research and process customer claims of invoice payment.
o Research and process charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
o Answer account receivable phone inquiries and follow ups.
* Analyze accounts and prepare monthly reconciliation to the General Ledger.
* Assist in monthly closings.
* Prepare analysis of all accounts receivables.
* Assist in Accounts Payable as necessary, including but not limited to:
o Reconciliation of vendor statements
o 3 way matching
o Maintenance of filing system
o Receive, research, and resolve vendor inquiries
* Provide customer service as needed.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading industry related publications.
* Able and willing to adapt to flexible work hours when critically necessary
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required and desired:
* Proficiency with Quickbooks (and/or similar programs) and MS Office
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface with customers
* Experience with partial order invoicing from complex purchase orders through cross referencing shipping documents
* Ability to think analytically and solve practical problems
* Must be willing and able to adapt to flexible work hours when critically necessary
* Good judgement
* Ethical and honest
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Experience with Infor Syteline ERP
* Experience in a manufacturing industry
* Bilingual (Spanish in particular)
A Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant field of study is preferred; or six to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.