Fleet Shop Utility Worker | Chesterton, IN
Starting Pay: $12-14/hour
Shift: Day (6 am) & Afternoon (3 pm)
Requirements & Skills:
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a utility worker, lube technician, automotive/diesel maintenance, or similar role
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Familiar with operating hand and power tools (impact wrenches, power saws, grinders, etc.)
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals, wiring diagrams, schematics, diagnostic tools, etc.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, lift up to 50 lbs., and use fingers with demanding manual dexterity for extended periods of time
Primary Duties Include:
- Perform labor and minor maintenance functions, general housekeeping, equipment washing, tire repair and replacement, inventory control and shop tool maintenance.
- Adhere to maintenance, shop rules and safety regulations.
- Establish rapport with co-workers(s), carrier(s), vendor(s), and driver(s).
- Pick up parts and material for maintenance department.
- Inspect, mount, dismount, repair and replace tires.
- Office maintenance, clean floors, bathroom facilities, kitchen, empty garbage cans, etc.
- Order, inventory and stock toiletries and other cleaning supplies.
- Stock kitchen supplies daily; and clean refrigerator as requested or needed.
- Grounds maintenance, raking, lawn mowing, snow removal, sweeping, etc.
- Audit yard and building cleanliness, access needs and make recommendations.
- Audit equipment parking of Tractors and Trailers to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Participate in company training programs, safety events, meetings when requested.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
JMJ Talent Solutions – Portage | (219) 764-9675
3195 Willowcreek Road
Portage, IN 46368
JMJ Talent Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.