Immediate opportunities for dependable Maintenance Workers to assist customers at an Anne Arundel County center for waste management. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of the operation and use of power equipment and light to medium duty automotive equipment. The Maintenance Worker will responsible to perform the following tasks:
• Operate various types of equipment and perform manual labor in the maintenance, repair and minor construction of roads, storm drains and other public facilities; traffic signs and markings and related facilities; drive trucks for routine transportation and hauling.
• Take out, install, repair and do concrete work on curbs, gutters, and sidewalks; dig out broken spots in street surfaces; fill joints and cracks; mow grass with tractor mower.
• Stripe roads, paint crosswalks and various messages on roads, install and maintain traffic signs; operate paint striping and road marking equipment.
• Install and maintain parks and recreation equipment; perform limited skilled carpentry and masonry work in the construction and repair of facilities; assemble playground equipment; mow golf course greens and fairways; tees and rough; water, fertilize and spray pesticides; rake sand traps; change tee markers and cups; operate specialized mowing, raking and related equipment.
• Operate power tools, tractors and light trucks as needed
Valid DL and reliable transportation
Must have a clean background and be drug free
Able to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time