District Account Specialist
Responsible for collection of Accounts Receivable with the objective of attaining targeted Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and past-due dollar goals. Interface with customers to ensure prompt payment and resolution of disputes in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (In order of importance, including only usual duties and responsibilities.)
• Communicate with customers by face-to-face meetings and/or via phone to negotiate and discuss discrepancies, investigate complaints, verify accuracy of charges, correct errors in accounts and confirm payment date and amount on a minimum monthly basis.
• Responsible for resolution of disputes in customer accounts and keep management up-to-date.
• Attend periodic construction/service office meetings to gain understanding of job related issues, which could impact the collection efforts, and to convey to attendees' collection issues on problem accounts.
• Document all customer discussions into SAP software, and prepare necessary documents to make adjustments to accounts as needed.
• Prepare account reviews and make periodic conference calls with District personnel to review account collection issues pertinent to their operation.
• Assist in lien waivers, cash applications and contract reviews as needed.
• Must be willing to work during "Pacific" time zone hours at least 3 days per week (10 am to 7 pm EST).
• Must be available to assist with training new members of the DAS group which may include a supervisory role.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and SAP software is required.
Nature and complexity of problems required to be solved, and the level of analysis, independent judgment, and planning required to be used.
Good analytical, effective time management and organizational skills are necessary to efficiently perform daily functions. Self-motivation, strong follow-up and closure skills are required to achieve the results in a timely and efficient manner.