San Antonio, TX
Reports to: Service Manager
The asst. service manager is charged with managing the Control Service department in conjunction with the Control Field Supervisor, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction consistent with producing a profit for the company. He is to also help with managing the service department in the absence of the Commercial Service Manager. The department must be managed to provide growth to assure a future for the company, its customers, and its employees. Everything done in the department must conform to company policies and directives.
To do whatever is necessary to please the customer, in accordance to company policies and standards.
To do whatever is necessary for the safety and wellbeing of the service employees.
To use independent judgment and initiative to take whatever action is deemed
necessary to carry out each and every responsibility consulting with the
Service Manager, if a decision will have a major impact on the financial well-being
of the department.
To reduce costs wherever possible.
Total customer satisfaction with service given.
Employee morale and job satisfaction.
1. For the safety of all service department employees.
2. For enforcement of company safety policies and procedures with technicians.
3. To provide excellent and quality customer service as per company mission statement.
4. To provide leadership and motivation to the Controls department.
5. To train and increase technician's sales and technical skills for the Controls department.
6. To hire and terminate personnel as required according to company policies.
7. To set pricing for service and maintain profitability of Controls department.
8. To monitor and reduce cost of department operations.
9. To control and reduce unspoiled labor time and costs.
10. To maintain and monitor Controls department inventory.
11. To participate in regular management staff meetings.
12. Manage Controls Supervisor, Controls Service Tech within the Controls Department.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED OR DESIRABLE
1. High school diploma. Formal customer relations and management training
2. Computer literature. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows disable. Ability to
work with computerized dispatching, word processors, spreadsheets and
databases as well as good data entry skills.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to attract, keep, and motivate skilled
and valued employees.
4. Salesmanship and promotion skills, the ability to seek and bring in additional
5. Financial skills and the ability to read, understand, and react to changing
6. An understanding of selling prices, direct costs, margins, overhead expenses
and the relations between the four.
7. An understanding of the importance of continuous training and skills enhancement for himself and all the employees in his charge.
8. Self-starter, ability to work without close supervision.
9. Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with both customers and service
10. Basic understanding of technical terms and parts related to the heating, air
conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration trades.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME:
MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK
MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
AIR CONDITIONING EXPERIENCE A PLUS