San Antonio, TX
Cable Technicians for commercial projects to install, repair and maintain voice and data telecommunications cabling networks.
• Installation or removal associated with installing Network cabling Cat 3, 5, 5e, 6, fiber optic, coax and others
• Installation of hardware associated with terminating and testing network cabling.
• Install, terminate and test all forms of communication cabling.
• Responsible for tools, test equipment and all other property.
• Perform JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
• Has a complete understanding and knowledge of low voltage infrastructure and applications.
• Complete pre-cabling preparation, installation of associated hardware and equipment.
Scope of Responsibility:
Works directly for the lead technician and/or other supervisors doing installations, maintenance and repair of low voltage cabling network systems.
• Ability to interpret CAD design drawings, blueprints and/or floorplans
• Adhere to BICSI - EIA -TIA specifications
• Understand and/or working knowledge concerning ladder safety and fall protection
• Safety oriented and able to recognize safety hazards
Minimum Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of 6 months experience
• Some cabling certification or training
Physical and Mental Requirements
• Lift up to 50 lbs
• Climb ladders
• Able to work on all lifts
• No fear of heights
• Take instructions and directions from others
PLEASE APPLY AT MEMCO