JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
SUMMARY: The following description reflects the primary and secondary duties considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description
of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following:
Manage and prepare projects for our distributors and customers from time of project estimate through
shipping and after-sale phone communications. Manage job requirements as it relates to hardware
preparations, shipping, project problems and field inspections. This position is also responsible for
$2,000,000 dollars in incremental sales.
1. BA degree in Business Management or related field of study preferred.
2. A minimum five years project management experience in the aluminum door openings industry and
direct customer and contractor contact preferred.
3. Ability to read, interpret and manage architectural plans, specifications and hardware schedules.
4. Ability to write hardware schedules from architectural plans and specifications.
5. Full understanding of building codes and labeling requirement are required.
6. Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft, Comsense for Windows, and AutoCAD
7. Basic Geometry and Algebra math skills, preferred.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
9. Ability to work in a team environment.
10. Available and able to travel, if necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for a minimum of $2.5MM in incremental sales.
2. Manage distributor projects through estimating, submittal, order writing and processing, production,
shipping, off-site welding and after-sale communications.
3. Serve as primary contact for distributors on all aspects of a given project.
4. Interpret customer take-off information.
5. Prepare complete and accurate estimate to the customer using both computer software and pricing
6. Check shop drawings for accuracy, manufacturability, specification requirements and coordination of
hardware, door and frames for functionality and label capabilities.
7. Prepare detailed door listing from architectural plans and specs.
8. Write customer orders for order processing.
9. Prepared to enter orders as pertains to project work.
10. Prepared to manage other Project Services staff members.
11. Consult with Engineering on special product information and labeling capabilities.
12. Checking shop drawings for accuracy, manufacturability, specification requirements and coordination
of hardware, doors and frames for functionality and label capabilities.
13. Participate in in-house seminars, including after-hours functions.
14. Occasional travel required, as directed by management, structured according to company policies.
15. This position has the responsibility and authority to perform all job-related quality activities as
defined in this job description and in the specific related procedures and work instructions. This
position has the authority to stop action on work until concerns are resolved and to initiate and/or
participate in identifying and implementing actions to correct existing and prevent future occurrences.
16. Train other estimator/order writing individuals.
17. Perform all duties relating to the processing of customer orders. Orders range from basic stock to the
highest level of configured orders and detailing.
18. Handle technical inquiries from Manufacturing and our Customers.
19. Communicate with customers on discrepancies and/or application conflicts.
20. Calculate lead times based on product types.
21. Interpret hardware templates, review orders and prepare detailed drawings for manufacturing
22. Use CAD software to produce detailed drawings that include building dimensions and required
23. Negotiate stock issues with customers as they arise.
24. Other duties, as assigned.
· Meet productivity goals
· Meet quality goals
· Maintain lead-time goals
· Complete Correspondence Course
· Assume and expand responsibilities
· Must demonstrate continuous learning
Apply in person at 4555 Dacoma St. , Suite 100 Houston, Texas 77092 Or
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org