Location: Rio Grande Valley
Valid Texas Journey Electricians License (TDLR)
Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
Knowledge of local electrical codes
Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
Ability to use hand and power tools
Five years’ experience in electrical field
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
1. Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and
equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
2. Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats,
circuit-breaker panels, etc.
3. Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and
equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints.
4. Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing
instruments and equipment.
5. Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
6. Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices,
hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
8. Receive and complete work orders.
9. Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
10. Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
11. Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
12. Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
14. Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection
16. Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
17. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
18. Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
19. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting,
20. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor
21. The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those
consistent with the applicable job function and pay grade.
To apply please contact Jose Vazquez @ 956-539-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / JoseAVazquez@marekbros.com