The Best companies have the best people..... Employment shouldn't feel like a burden. Are you tired of feeling just like a number? Are you receiving the proper training in order to reach the next level? Do you have the motivation and dependability? Come join out team!!! 2020 is already busier then 2019. Several large commercial projects in the books and are ready to get started now!
Gathers, calculates and compiles data for use in conceptual bid/proposal estimates, preparing routine unit price proposal / estimates under general supervision. Maintains current accurate information on prices from suppliers and contractors through direct contact and written materials. Prepare portions of contract proposal estimates, turn over documents for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
1. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate; identify items for work plan.
2. Identify the project scope and specification requirements and seek clarification or identification of unknown aspects. Participate in project job walks and discussions with the customer regarding the project goals, site, building and systems, utilities and other performance instructions.
3. Prepare the delivery order estimate using the contract unit price book and other estimating guides and techniques by calculating complete takeoff from scope of work and identifying appropriate line items in the unit price book.
4. May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
5. Prepare a bid package for each division of work to be performed, and solicit pricing and performance commitments from pre qualified subcontractors. Recommend award to the supervisor.
6. Prepare subcontract and supplier agreements according to the terms of their proposal and the contract provisions.
7. Schedule the work and convey estimating approach and resources to be used to the field by preparing and providing turnover information.
8. Ensure project engineering activities comply with company contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
9. Prepare the estimate package for presentation and negotiation with the customer and change orders as necessary to the Customer and to subcontractors as appropriate.
10. Participate in delivery order negotiations as required.
11. Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
12. Actively support effort to enlarge on our subcontractor base for project performance.
13. Monitor project costs and local costs of materials , labor and rentals to assure competitive pricing.
14. Assist in preparing project-closing documents, including as-built drawings.
15. Support project safety program requirements.
16. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Educational and experience requirements include: Four year engineering or construction degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience. 2-5 years estimating, cost controls, construction and/or engineering experience related to facility construction.
Must have current Drivers License and Insurance, and meet insurance company requirements to drive for the company.
Must successfully pass Non-DOT drug screen prior to employment, Motor Vehicle Records check, and FCRA background check
Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential. Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English. PC usage skills required.
Physical requirements include the ability to see well either naturally or with correction. Use hands, fingers, and arms skillfully to reach for, type, handle, feel, and lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Additionally, must be able to climb ladders, stoop, kneel, stand and walk. Must have good hearing and clear speech; must be able to sit for long periods of time as needed.
PLEASE APPLY HERE: Sapreapp.memcojobs.com (The more information the better)
When completed please contact Kenneth or David @ 210-572-1378 to schedule interview