Saint Paul, MN
Our client is a leading manufacturer of sewer cleaning and inspection equipment located in St. Paul, MN. Our client has been manufacturing and selling direct to the customer since 1957.
The Inventory Control Specialist will maintain the organization’s inventory management, supply management and ordering necessary items while maintaining accurate records of all procurements.
• Maintains consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock up to pre-authorized limit as required per inventory controls.
• Establishes and maintains backup source for high-demand items.
• Generates and assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
• Provides inventory reports to purchasing and management.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
• Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
• Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or management.
• Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
• Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
• Excellent communication skills with colleagues, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
• Clear understanding of inventory control procedures.
• Proficient keyboarding skills.
• Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience with computerized inventory systems required. Sage 300 specifically or similar
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Standing and walking for prolonged periods
• Occasional work from ladder or elevated platform.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
• Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.