The Welding Operator II joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weld able material by applying appropriate welding techniques. Welds products from ferrous and non-ferrous materials in accordance with the work orders and technical information issued. Expert in techniques required in order to effectively process (weld) the materials with which they work. The emphasis here lies on welding work of limited complexity. Often produces a complete series of the same product.
The work is characterized by the use of various separating, joining and forming techniques and high requirements relating to quality and craftsmanship. The Welding Operator is characterized by craftsmanship, accuracy, meticulous care, self-reliance and quality consciousness. Works in accordance with instructions and regulations relating to working conditions, safety and the environment.
This position reports to the Production Manager
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
• Set up and adjust welding equipment and systems using proven welding techniques.
• Assembles parts into fixtures, secure by clamping or bolting into position for welding.
• Selects voltage, amperage and wire feet settings to produce weldments for quality requirements.
• Verifies processes as specified by work orders, blueprints and drawings.
• Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Inspects, measures or tests completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Understand and follow all quality procedures and work instructions.
• Examine all welding components entering and exiting the work area to ensure quality expectations.
• Ensure the workplace cleanliness and orderliness.
• Checks the supplied information and materials
• Processes and shapes the material.
• Measures and checks fabricated products.
• Assembles sub products
• Reports whether sub products comply with the quality requirements and rectifies faulty products
• Ensures correct delivery for the next machining process.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 0-2 year of welding experience
• Knowledge of metal properties, operational sequences and machine programming.
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience.
• Ability to use power hand tools as required
• Must be able to communicate with others
• Must be able to follow and understand instructions
• Ability to work Safe and knowledge of OSHA regulations
• Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
• Ability to read, understand, and follow blueprints
• Attention to detail
• Must have a strong willingness to learn
• Must be able to work with little supervision
• Must monitor and maintain quality
• Must be able to identify process improvement
• Must be able to operate technical equipment
• Must be able to detects faults and consults with supervisor.
• Knowledge of commonly-used welding concepts, practices, and procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday. Requires shift work (1st and 2nd). Schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
This position does not require travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee will be subject to warehouse environment, cold temperatures of 40