Referral Staffing Solutions is partnering with a local manufacturer in Sparta, WI to hire Production help on 2nd Shift, Monday - Thursday (4:30PM-3:00AM)
Wage: $13.00 per hour
Production Operator Job Description
Production Operator is responsible for the safe operation on machinery in a manufacturing setting. Production Operator must be reliable and able to work with attention to details and safety standards. Ability to read and understand work order requirements is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for reading work orders, verifying materials and specification of product.
• Responsible for the safe operation of all equipment
• Responsible for feeding materials in to semi-automated machines
• Must be able to inspect materials (raw and finished goods) for quality defects
• Responsible for using quality gauges to verify materials are confirming to specifications
• Must be willing to participate in continuous improvement and safety related activities within the plant
• Accepts all work assignments and is responsible for their scheduled completion.
• Responsible for keeping work area clean, organized and safe at all times.
• Responsible for knowing and obeying all company and departmental safety rules.
• Responsible for reporting immediately to their supervisor any unsafe condition or recommendations on improvements in safety conditions.
• Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
• Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and Human Resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best of own ability.
Minimum Level of Education
Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Referral Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a drug and alcohol free work place. Reliable transportation and good attendance are required.