Vadnais Heights, MN
CASTLES AREN'T THE ONLY PLACES WITH TURRETS, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPERATE THE TURRET PRESS?
• A Competitive Wage
• Full Benefit Package(Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Vol Life)
• 401K Employer Match
• Paid Time Off/ Holiday Pay
• Gym Reimbursement
• Safety Boot and Safety Glasses Reimbursement
• Tuition Reimbursement
To set up Turret machine with the correct tooling to punch metal sheets to customer specifications in an efficient and timely manner.
Using the programs written by Class A or B level Turret Setup & Operators, run program to complete the job according to the customer’s specifications.
• Comply with safety rules as outlined in Lake Air’s Safety Manual and follows safety policies, procedures, rules and work methods.
• Promptly reports injuries for timely diagnosis and medical treatment.
• Makes practical safety suggestions to support continuous improvements in safety
• Verify that parts are properly loaded and that surfaces are properly prepared for fabricating. Confirm machine settings, tooling and/or fixtures are appropriate to the part being run.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required. Perform routine machine maintenance.
• Perform punching over a wide range of materials, diameters and shapes.
• Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
• To ensure safe and efficient machine operation by performing daily maintenance and minor repairs on machine, observing safety standards, and by notifying supervisor when major repairs are needed
• Perform a variety of other production tasks and assist as required. May perform simple, repetitive manual and automated finishing operations.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform a variety of other production tasks and assist throughout the shop as required.
• Adjust work routines to meet scheduling demands.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Comply with the requirements of the ISO Quality Management System and departmental procedures, and work-instructions.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• Typically can set up and run a job with no defects or issues.
• Ability to use applied knowledge, determine tool position and order to maximize machine efficiency, adjust ram strokes and material stop gauges etc.
• Demonstrated established knowledge and skill in performing set-ups and operating machines.
• Experience programming a Turret Press.
• Specialized understanding and skill requires performing more complex machine set-up and adjustments.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• Consistently sets up and runs a job with no defects or issues.
• Routine and preventive maintenance.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Reading, comprehension, problem-solving and math skills normally associated with completion of the 12th grade in school
• Knowledge and ability to use all needed equipment and supplies
• Identifying quality and non-conforming products
• Manufacturing environment and how product flows
• Reading and following written procedures
• Reading blueprints and performing all necessary measurements
• Quickly and efficiently completing jobs with very few rejects
• Perform the most complex operations without assistance
• Set-up and run a job without assistance and few or no resets
• Candidates should be well organized and goal-oriented with a clear focus on quality, safety, efficiency and team-work. Must be dependable and have a positive attitude with the willingness to learn. Daily