SUMMARY: Packer workers are responsible for packing a wide selection of food items into cartons and then into cases for shipment. Being a food Feeder/Packer worker, you would typically work in a fast moving production line, where food passing down on conveyor belts, through a variety of stages; mixing, cooking and packaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include: constructing and packing boxes either manually or with the help of automated machines, conducting quality checks, maintaining a clean and safe work area. Perform production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, taping, labeling operations and sorting. Additional Responsibilities include but not limited to;
• Must be reliable and extremely punctual.
• Must be in good physical health, requires bending, turning, walking, and standing.
• Capable of working consistent pace for extended periods of time.
• Capable of working late past the scheduled leave time to complete the processing.
• Capable of working weekend shifts and maintaining a flexible schedule.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Ability to deal with stressful situations and still get the job complete.
• Perform basic visual quality inspections on products.
QUALIFICATIONS': To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ability to work in cold and warm environments.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Lift products and boxes weighing up to 40lbs.
• Individual must be willing to work as a team member.
• Ability to read and write in English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or its equivalent is required. Complete working knowledge of the manufacturing process, typically resulting from a minimum of one year experience in related jobs.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret quality documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.