Job Title: Office Support Specialist
Industry: Healthcare Staffing/Recruiting
Duration: Temp-to-Hire, possible Direct Hire
Hours: Monday –Friday, 8:30AM – 5:30PM
Location: 1357 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite #915, Honolulu, HI
Pay Rate: $17.00 – $20.00/hour, Based on experience
Staffing Solutions of Hawaii & Kahu Malama Nurses is recruiting for an Office Support Specialist to join our team. The Office Support Specialist is a mid-level professional position in the company’s organizational structure. The Office Support Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service both in-person, over the phone and business email correspondence. The Office Support Specialist must
have strong communication skills both verbal and written. The Office Support Specialist is not an agent of the company.
Office Administration (70%)
• Answers 50+ phone calls daily via the Company main phone line upon the first ring and assist callers before transferring to Recruiters,
Accounting/or Management. Phone call inquiries may consist of, but not limited to, applicant inquiries, verification of employment,
employee availability calls, new client inquiries and existing employee questions and concerns.
• Reviews, responds, and deletes company voicemails, and follows up with missed calls to employees, clients, and vendors.
• Manages the front desk by greeting and assisting with candidate, vendor, employee, and client walk-ins for various requests with
professionalism; roughly up to 20 front desk inquiries daily.
• Assists candidates with the check-in process to include, but not limited to, assisting with the Viral Signs check-in technology, visitor
tracking, providing the Pre-Employment Application to job applicants, answering any questions the candidate may have, creating
and documenting the candidate’s profile in HRIS.
• Serves as the point person for the Viral Sign Screening process and escalates any Viral Sign ‘Evaluate’ or ‘Risk’ alerts to the Clinical
Director and Management. Partners with tech support to troubleshoot as needed.
• Management of the Company calendars; reviews weekly appointments and ensures there is no overbooking.
• Executive Assistant to the VP and manages tasks such as, but not limited to, calendar management (planning and scheduling
meetings), taking minutes, setting up teleconferences, and scheduling travel as required. This may include preparing documents,
PowerPoint presentations, testing technology, and direct communication with vendors and/or clients. May require to run errands if
• Manages a large volume of incoming company email inquiries, and ongoing email correspondence with internal and external employees.
• Immediately responds to all inquiries from applicants regarding their application; via phone, web, and/or email.
• Utilizes internal software to search for candidates/clients, maintain and update profiles, and appropriately documents
• Mail duties to include, but not limited to, checking the mail daily, sorting and distributing mail and packages to respective departments
• Maintains and manages office supplies as delegated by Management; may include driving to various retail establishments for pickup
• Assists with conducting employment and education checks for employees.
• Assists with job fair preparation to include, but not limited to, sending email communications to the team, calendar management,
scheduling recruiters for job fair shifts, prepping job fair materials, etc.
• Assists with creating new and replacement employee ID badges.
• Creates Ho’okipa Starbucks for internal recognition and staff awards.
• Assists the Events Team with monthly internal office celebrations (birthdays, gatherings, volunteer, staff anniversaries, etc).
• Accurately documents employee information in company HRIS software.
• Assists with various data entry, documentation, reports, and other miscellaneous requests from various departments.
• Special projects as directed by Management, Recruiters, and HR when requested.
• Minimum of Associate’s Degree or higher in business, or related field of study; or additional equivalent work experience in a directly
related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Minimum of 1 year of professional customer service experience in-person, over the phone and email correspondence required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an office setting or related experience in a university setting may be substituted for direct office
• Must have a long-term career interest in office administration or staffing industry required.
• Must demonstrate strong professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to candidates, employees, and clients.
• Excellent follow through skills and time management. Ability to meet deadlines.
• Multi-tasking, organization, and prioritization skills are essential.
• Ability to switch gears and multi-task in a fast-paced office setting.
• Must be able to work well independently.
• The ability to build relationships, communicate effectively, and accomplish detail-oriented tasks simultaneously.
• Advanced proficiency in typing and Microsoft Office to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and
PowerPoint, and Teams.
• Ability to make sound business decisions and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate on all levels in the organization, i.e. Clerk to President.
• Ability to take “on the spot” feedback from Managers and Peers as a learning experience.
• Must be team focused. Able to work with others in a respectful manner and follow the company culture values, to include our
Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Values.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background check, reference check, and 5-panel drug test. In addition, must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. If partially vaccinated, or approved for a vaccine exemption, employees must comply by submitting weekly negative test results from an approved COVID-19 test (PCR or NAAT).
Interested Applicants: Please visit us online at www.staffingsolutionsofhawaii.com to view additional positions. Applications will only be reviewed for applicants currently living in the state of Hawaii and who are available for an interview with Staffing Solutions. #SSOH
Why work with Staffing Solutions of Hawaii:
· We are a local, award winning, and growing privately owned agency in business for 25 years
· Employees enjoy competitive pay, stimulating careers, and excellent growth opportunities!
· We have over 120 job positions including full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities inclusive with medical benefits options
· We partner with 100+ organizations in Hawaii, such as Kaiser Permanente, Bank of Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines, Hilton Grand Vacations, KHON 2 News and many more!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, including females, minorities, protected Veterans and those with disability.