Apply now for a C4 IT Quality Control Technician
Staffing Solutions of Hawaii (SSOH) Federal Solutions is currently seeking a C4IT Quality Control Technician for a Government Contractor. Security Clearance required.
This position is located in a NAVFAC Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD), Resident Officer in Charge of Construction (ROICC), or Officer in Charge of Construction office. The IT Quality Control Technician will provide construction support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The Contractor shall be available and on-site full-time.
The IT Quality Control Technician will have no authority to direct the construction contractor(s) in any way regarding methods or procedures and shall not interfere with methods of performance unless life and/or property are endangered. The OICC/ROICC or its designated Government representative will be responsible for and will sign all correspondence and specific directives to the Contractor(s).
The IT Quality Control Technician will functions as an experienced and independent information technology (IT) specialist with responsible construction review. The contractor shall be a BICSI certified Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD) in accordance with industry standards with a professional background and experience in government IT services, including; inspection and design.
The duties and responsibilities of the position require a professional knowledge of IT principles and theories consistent in type, scope, and depth with that acquired through completion of a relevant bachelor’s degree and/or RCDD certification. The incumbent must have a good general knowledge of the government IT design process as it relates to building construction and functionality.
The IT Quality Control Technician must be able and willing to traverse construction jobsites (approximately 20% of the time) and be able to communicate (both orally and in writing) effectively to all leadership levels as their work products may be reviewed by senior civilian and military staff within NAVFAC and the assigned Installation and/or Supported Commands.
This is a Non-Critical Sensitive position requiring a Secret security clearance.
This position is ineligible for Telework.
A valid, current driver’s license is required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT Quality Control Technician will provide assistance and technical guidance to OICC, or other NAVFAC business/support lines or functional areas as appropriate, with respect to IT and telecommunications design and construction.
The IT Quality Control Technician must be able to manage multiple priorities and provide technical recommendations/solutions to complex problems encountered during the administration of the construction contracts. The IT Quality Control Technician routinely communicates and coordinates with other technical and non-technical NAVFAC personnel
Quality Control Review and Inspection
The IT Quality Control Technician is required to execute their duties in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, DoD, DoN, NAVFAC and other agency laws, guidance, policy and procedures. The Contractor is further required to apply sound principles and judgment throughout the performance of their duties. The Contractor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· In conjunction with the CM, review and provide recommendations towards approval of contractor quality control plan.
· Coordinate with construction team members to execute quality assurance in conformance with the project and customer requirements. Note: Contractual direction to the contractor will be the sole responsibility of the OICC/ROICC.
· Develop a working knowledge of the relevant project design, criteria and Code requirements to effectively review and inspect construction activities.
· Attend selective quality control, preparatory and initial meetings, and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and thoroughness with all aspects of IT and telecommunications requirements.
· Participate in relevant preparatory meetings, initial inspections and any follow-up activities to conform contractor adherence to the IT and telecommunications requirements.
· Attend and observe all QC testing events related to IT and telecommunications requirements
· Work closely with the contractor QC Manager and the OICC Project COR in the development of a quality control re-work list for relevant subject matter.
· In conjunction with the CM, provide follow-up confirmation and documentation of all rework list items and required corrective action. With CM support, ensures all deficiencies are remedied prior to Beneficial Occupancy Date (BOD)
· Work closely with commissioning (Cx) team members coordinating all Cx Program activities. Ensure contractors conduct all pre-requisite commissioning checks and coordinate CxA participation in all inspections and functional performance testing with respect to IT and telecommunications.
· Review the contractor progress schedule to identify IT and telecommunication milestones.
· Assist the OICC with the scope, costing and time impacts during the evaluation of contractor proposed change orders.
· Assist the OICC in validating the contractor monthly pay application for site progress based on approved schedule of values.
· Review IT and telecommunication reports, project deliverables, submittals, and cost proposals from contractors and others to ensure compliance with OICC customer and project requirements.
· Using initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment when providing advice to the Government on quality assurance matters requiring knowledge of relevant construction methods.
· Prepare written reports of the tasks accomplished, site progress, quality findings, safety issues and any information/problems encountered. Develop photographic history of relevant construction progress and work activities.
· Prepare written reports based on specific/discrete field investigations, complete with references and photos.
· Prepare written comments and/or a report following the review of IT and telecommunications submittals, the performance of a field inspection or any construction support provided
· Provide scheduling support for customer site visits to perform more detailed inspections by customer SME representatives.
· Participate in all government punch lists, walk-throughs and inspections.
The Contractor will report directly to the Technical Support Group (TSG) Supervisor. There should be no direct contact by the IT Quality Control Technician to DPRI or its executing agents (NIWC, NSWC Corona) of vice versa without TSG Supervisor awareness.
The Contractor shall work on a full-time, hourly basis.
Schedule is to be determined mutually by the Contractor, Contract employee and the Government Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
The work place will normally be available to the Contractor from 0700 - 1630 hours during normal business hours on Monday through Friday.
Full-time is defined as working not more than 40 hours a week.
· BS in Information Technology
· BICSI certified Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD)
· 20 years of C4IT engineering and installation experience
· Communications engineering design
· Communications installation
· Communications Infrastructure installation
· Cable pathway physical installation
· Coring and penetration through barriers
· Grounding with respect to safety and telecommunications
· RED BLACK Installation Guidance
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks. In addition, the following health screens are required:
Must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Don't know who we are?
Staffing Solutions of Hawaii is a local, award winning, and growing privately owned agency serving the Hawaiian Islands for over 30 years
Employees enjoy competitive pay, stimulating careers, and excellent growth opportunities
We have over 120 job positions including full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities inclusive with medical benefits options
We partner with 100+ organizations in Hawaii, such as Kaiser Permanente, Bank of Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines, Hilton Grand Vacations, KHON 2 News and many more
Check out our website; www.staffingsolutionsofhawaii.com
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, including females, minorities, protected Veterans, and those with disability.