Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Engineer will be a key member of the TPG’S Quality team.
This engineer will be responsible for working closely with the internal engineering team,
manufacturing, purchasing, and suppliers to ensure we continue to manufacture the highest
quality transit bus and receive the highest quality products from our suppliers.
Manufacturing Quality Management
• Lead root cause analyses and mistake proofing of processes to resolve repetitive quality
• Collect and maintain TPG’S Quality KPIs for reporting.
• Analyze internal and external quality reports for failure trends and develop solutions.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Manage first article review program, implement industry standard PPAP process.
• Manage inspection tools, calibrations schedules, and repair programs.
Supplier Quality Management.
• Perform existing and new supplier audits to ensure adherence to TPG’S Quality
• Facilitate supplier root cause analyses and mistake proofing of processes to resolve
repetitive quality issues before they arrive at TPG’S.
• Collect and maintain supplier KPIs for reporting.
TPG’S Total Quality Program
• Key thought partner in continuous improvement of GILLG’s Total Quality Program.
• Implement best industry practices and standards.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive quality experience in product development/sustaining
engineering for a manufacturing company in a regulated industry.
• Demonstrated ability in 8D problem solving, Six Sigma methodologies, and Lean
• Knowledge of industry standards and procedures, e.g. TS-16949, ISO 9000& 9001, and
• Experience working with 2D and 3D cad packages, e.g. AutoCad, Inventor, or similar.
• Fluent in GD&T standards.
• Attention to detail.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast paced
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks
simultaneously and ability to manage project timelines.
• Ability to identify problems, suggest viable solutions and make decision within the scope
• Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and
countermeasure identification skills related to vehicle systems.
• Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and effect change to achieve business
• Strong communication skills verbal and written.
• Ability to work within diverse teams.
• Ability to work on their feet for extended periods of time.
• Ability to carry and lift up to 50lbs.
• Ability to travel.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree in engineering preferred.
• Six Sigma Green belt certification or higher preferred.
• Experience in automotive industry, major OEM, or major Tier 1 supplier preferred.
• Experience in electro-mechanical automotive systems preferred.
• Experience in designing, testing, and validating components/systems.
• Experience with IoT and IoE technologies in manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated use of Excel, SQL database, charts or other quality tools for reporting.
Call to Action:
E-Mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org