The Plus Group is currently seeking two Mill Operator to join our team in Woodland, CA
The Mill Operator for the Processing Department will work under the direction of the Shift Leader. This position is responsible for the daily operations of the product flow through the mill of wild rice during the harvest season and custom processing loads for parboiling. Any safety concerns and/or production improvements from his crew will be presented to the Processing Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Record and document data on production run sheets as required for each product.
· Respond in an appropriate manner to any quality issues which may be brought up by final cleaning personnel or quality control personnel.
· Know and understand all processing equipment, including all by product equipment such as hull and dust collecting equipment.
· Isolate any product which will not meet quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard if eaten. i.e. broken glass, equipment failure, biological hazard. Notify leader.
· Keep all product going through the cleaning system within process parameters. (keep cleaning equipment adjusted properly).
· Following GMP’s, keep your area clean at all times, tools picked up.
· Perform all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures. Complete all necessary paperwork.
· Knowledge of the SQF pre-requisite programs.
· Know and understand all receiving equipment from receiving area to bin #6.
· Repair or help repair any damage to equipment. Report any repairs to the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a person experienced and/or ability in the following:
· Experience in food manufacturing
· Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Good communication skills.
· Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery. Complete understanding of the function and operation of mill equipment.
· Forklift experience and safely operate forklift.
· Knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass and Hard Plastic, Quality related policies, and Safety programs, and make sure plant operations are complying with those programs.
To apply, call or TEXT 530.671.1111 on how to submit your application.