Health Information Representative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researches and answers any questions/correspondence on a patient's PHI in a timely and professional manner and regarding patient confidentiality.
• Using proper phone etiquette answers all incoming calls by 3rd ring and distributes calls as appropriate including message taking and distribution.
• Input all initialed paper Personal Health Info into chart or scans all PHI into EHR for electronic signature
• Makes Personal Health Info available for review by authorized personnel, department, or contracted external entity.
• Files charts or monitors open encounters in Electronic Health Records for completion according to established procedures.
• Accesses, reviews and updates the next day charts according to established procedures
• Releases personal health information as authorized by the patient or appropriate authority according to established procedures and HIPPA guidelines
• Accesses archived records and archives older records according to established procedures
• Maintains neat and organized work area with appropriate labeling of temporary files and to be filed documents as needed.
KNOWLEDGE: Basic medical front office practices, basic computer operations, knowledge of EMR softwares.
SKILLS: Strong typing skills, strong written and verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
GED or High School Diploma
Must be able to provide immunization (shot) record to make sure you have all the necessary immunizations to work in a healthcare environment OR be willing to get them.
- Flu shot (Oct - June)
- TB (PPD) within the last 6 months