Process patient referrals as received from primary care physician to specialty office in accordance with external referral policy. Communicate appointment status to patients, and follow-up as necessary. Communicate appointment status to primary care physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Makes patient care referrals to outside agencies according to company policies, procedures and responsibilities.
2. Documents all referrals and forwards referral documents to appropriate personnel / department.
3. Follows up the referrals in a timely manner to assure that appointments are made for appropriate care or testing.
4. Answers patient inquiries and takes messages for follow up.
5. Assists providers in completing all medical documentation needed to provide referral services following the specific procedure provided by Nurse Supervisor as to what needs to be sent to specific entities.
6. Participates in staff meetings and other meetings as instructed.
7. Maintains confidentiality within the workplace and within the community.
8. Handles protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
9. Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
MA Certificate or relative referrals experience
GED or HS Diploma
Must be bilingual – English/Spanish
Must be able to provide immunization (shot) record to make sure you have all the necessary immunizations to work in a healthcare environment OR be willing to get them.
- Flu shot (Oct - June)
- TB (PPD) within the last 6 months