Punch Press Machine Set-Up Technician
Hours: Mon-Thur 6:00am-4:30pm ½ lunch.
Pay Range: 18.00 - 22.00/hr.
Summary: Responsible for performing multiple setups on various punch press machines in the manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Change over a variety of Punch Press tools in various types of machines
• Select proper punches and dies based on work order requirements
• Understand and be able to read the specifications, work orders, routing, drawing, process drawings, layout sheets or blueprints as well as written or verbal direction for the work to be done and plan the steps to be taken to complete the project.
• Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use
• Detect and report defective runs after set-up to determine quality control issues that needs to be brought to the attention of the manufacturing supervisor
• Maintain the work area in a clean orderly condition, keep machines clean and well lubricated, and follow prescribed safety regulations and procedures
• Must be familiar with the basic machine functions to perform the assigned tasks.
• Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance regarding machine set-up.
• Work in a fast pace environment with fast changing priorities
• Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given tasks
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Two years of full time prior experience as a punch press set-up technician minimum
• Knowledge of basic math, basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work effectively with co-workers, supervisors and staff
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Able to adapt to changing work needs and expectations
Hearing, speaking, seeing, walking, reading, writing, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching with hands and arms to use hands and fingers to handle objects and operated equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.