Mount Airy, NC
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Electrical Assembler
To prepare, assemble and install vehicle and/or chipper components to required specifications for Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Unit and Finish departments.
The associate is responsible for wiring of accessories and of the trucks. The associate should have knowledge of part placement and testing of finished truck. The associate will work in tight fitting spaces. The associate is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment for fellow associates.
Always wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment
Aware of surroundings
General electric knowledge
Knowledge of hand tools
Able to read electric prints
Able to read tape measurer
Attention to detail
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge desired
• Vocational Training in lieu of experience will be considered.
• Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics desired.
• General knowledge of at least one of the following desired
o Manufacturing / Production processes
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers as needed
• May participate in RCI events
• May be required to learn Altec programs and/or systems
• Shift work may be required.
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Benefits of WorkForce Unlimited
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance offered
Quarterly safety drawings
Employee recognition during holidays
Direct Deposit and Employee Webcenter
Voted as “One of the Best Places to Work”