Job Title: General Warehouse Associate-2nd shift
Working in a tire distribution warehouse stacking and palletizing tires using a stock picker. Must be able to lift 75+lbs.
Responsibilities, Duties and Physical Requirements:
• The picking functions include, but are not limited to, using a stock picker vehicle to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack, package, band, shrink wrap and label products as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
• The quality control functions include, but are not limited to, using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled and shipped correctly. Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label products. All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
• In performing assigned duties, the equipment used can include, but is not limited to, a stock picker.
• Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
• Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner and follow prescribed work methods.
• Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as assigned.
• Performs other duties as required
• English (reading, writing, verbal)
• Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
• Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
• Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 12 hours per day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Previous forklift or stock picker experience-Required
• CANNOT be afraid of heights-30+ft
Benefits and Perks:
• Medical, Dental & Vision Plans are available
• Benefits include Patient Advocacy Plan
• Quarterly Incentive Drawings
• Direct Deposit
• Employee recognition during holiday’s and National Staffing Week