Premier Botetourt employer has an excellent temporary to full-time career opportunity for a combined position for Front Office Receptionist and Customer Resource Specialist for its Sales & Marketing department located in Troutville, VA. The incumbent will report to the Customer Resource Supervisor. This position provides assistance to plant guest, office needs, as well as supporting the Customer Resource Team. This position also provides prompt response to customer needs for products and services.
Embrace and enhance a performance based Safety Culture. • Greet plant visitors and direct accordingly. • Answer plant phone and transfer to appropriate parties. • Sort and distribute plant checks. • Sort and distribute office mail including UPS labeling/Metering • Scanning and indexing of Bill of Ladings. • Positive and upbeat in all communications with customers and other departments. • Relentlessly pursue a solution to every issue that a customer brings and ensure that issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly. • Demonstrate deep desire to exceed expectations of internal and external customers; not satisfied with just meeting expectations. • Enter orders into JWS/SAP systems accurately and efficiently. • Monitor order status to ensure timeliness of delivery. Notify customers of delayed or diverted loads. • After hours on call assignments with the possibility of 24 hour phone coverage during your scheduled week. • Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking. • Communicate with trucking firms to monitor delivery status. • Work with above mentioned systems to document schedules, diversions and cancellations. • Develop solutions to meet conflicting customer requirements. • Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience. • Generate and distribute reports as required
• College degree preferred
• Customer service experience in similar role preferred, but not required.
• A proven track record of superior customer service abilities and decision making.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff at all levels of the organization.
• Experience with JWS and SAP software highly preferred.
• Professionalism / Quick Learner
• Possess a strong work ethic. Strong team concept skills required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Flexible, interested in trying new techniques; coachable.
• Self-starter with the ability to handle high volume workload. Proven ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines while researching and resolving ambiguous
information effectively. Ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong detail orientation and listening skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; inclusive of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• The ability to work independently with excellent time management skills.
• Strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills required.
• Familiarity with Eastern US Geography or ability to read and understand maps.
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00
Schedule: 7:30am to 4:30pm
***Willingness to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed. Position requires monthly on-call rotation. On call currently from 6:00am – 7:30am, 4:30pm – 9:00pm; with the possibility to extend to 24 hour coverage.