Handles materials and transports parts, reads and interprets production schedules and tickets. Issues material and other supplies to production areas. Performs normal daily maintenance on forklift. Performs inventory movement transactions in computer system. Loads, unloads and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site. Most material is transported by forklift.
• Reads sales order, follows oral instructions, phone instructions or e-mail instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Opens containers. May gather orders based on visual observation or tickets pulled from or at a supply Kanban or workstation Kanban.
• Order material from warehouse or storage area via ERP system for production lines.
• May loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
• May be required to use crimping or banding tools or stretch wrap by hand or machine to prepare some materials for movement.
• Conveys materials from storage or worksite to designated area by use of forklift, industrial truck, or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
• Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases or other containers. In case of receiving materials delivers appropriate paperwork to data entry.
• Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
• Responsible for keeping an adequate amount of shipping and/or receiving materials on hand at all times.
• Assist with and/or support cycle counts and inventory count as directed by supervisor.
• Utilizes sit down forklift
Location: Austell, Ga
Shift: 7:30pm - 6:00am (rotating shift - 4 days on / 4 days off / 2 days on / 5 days off)
Pay: $15.92/ hr