Dean’s Professional Services is now hiring for qualified, patient-care focused Phlebotomist to work for a Lab in the Marshall, TX area.
We are on a mission to create care that’s more convenient and professional. With solutions that are value-based and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we are looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, and are ready to embrace new opportunities!
Phlebotomists draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. They also have direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe, and accurate manner.
Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities:
- Perform blood draws competently and expediently with as little patient discomfort as possible.
- Utilize standard procedures to identify the patient, record appropriate collection information, label and record all test tubes, log procedures and enter specimen data into computer system.
- Display quickly, courteous, and in a professional manner towards patients, client staff and coworkers. Resolve issues and ensure quality patient care.
- Always follows standard precautions. Routine handling of biohazardous and or chemical hazardous material.
- Utilize company resources to aid with day-to-day operations and the specimen data input (i.e. test catalog, client services, etc.).
- Communicate issues and concerns to the Phlebotomy Supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and/or company records and issues.
- Comply with all safety policies.
- Dispose of all sharp instruments in the sharp container.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide quality customer service.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, company and department policies, procedures and regulations.
Phlebotomist Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent - REQUIRED
- Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred
- Medical Assistant preferred
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Minimum 2 year in a Patient Service environment preferred
- Minimum 3 years Phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- ***Covid Vaccine Required***
Phlebotomist Job Details:
- Schedule: Mon-Wed 7:00am-6:00pm Thu 8:00am-5pm
- Starting at: $18 (based on experience) + benefits
- Temp to hire opportunity
Dean’s Professional Services is a national, award-winning staffing solutions firm. Since 1993, DPS has placed over 45,000 professionals across the nation. We work with our clients to provide placement opportunities that match your skill, experience, and personality. For more information, please visit www.deansprofessionalservices.com.