Lean Manufacturing Engineer position located in Conyers, Georgia
This position requires a formally trained and experienced “hands-on” Manufacturing Engineer and Lean practitioner, a person that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal, professional and collaborative skills. This high influence position will interface with all associate levels and various functions/departments throughout the site.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for driving margin improvement and capacity growth through waste elimination by analyzing equipment needs, gaining an in-depth comprehension of manufacturing processes/material flows and developing strong relationships with external suppliers. This position will provide leadership, mentoring and training to project teams on the use and practice of Lean methodologies and tools and will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various projects targeted towards improving the focus factory’s performance on safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Roles, responsibilities and expected results of the position include but are not limited to:
• Participate in daily tiered meetings on the production floor to drive daily improvements.
• Use performance/OEE metrics and downtime data to identify improvement opportunities.
• Plan and execute changeover and run time improvements through the use of Lean techniques.
• Plan and execute plant layout, process flow and machine capability improvements.
• Work with product development and project engineers to provide input for manufacturing specifications and requirements and ensure that the design and documentation of new processes are complete prior to manufacturing start-up.
• Facilitate and execute kaizen events through all stages (charter identification/creation, pre-work identification and completion, delivery of results during the kaizen week, regular follow up and follow through on sustainment).
• Promote and facilitate associate development in various lean tools (5S, quick changeover, TPM/autonomous maintenance, kanban, poka-yoke, standard work, etc.)
• Participate in cross-facility initiatives to determine company-wide best practices and improvement of business processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 5 years or more of engineering experience in a similar environment.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Documented certification in Lean and/or Six Sigma preferred.
• Track record of driving continuous improvements through sustainable processes.
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and experience organizing and facilitating formal Kaizen Events.
• Project management experience and record of success.
• Experience with AutoCAD or similar design software.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio etc.)
• Packaging process knowledge a plus.