The Hiring Group provides outstanding medical benefits, pays 50% of the employee cost, and PTO. Please see www.thehiringgroup.com for details. We take care of our technical professionals; come see why we are different than any other staffing firm you have worked with in the past!
When needed: As soon as possible
Duration: Long term contract (multiyear contract)
Brief Description of the Assignment
The Mechanical Engineer will provide leadership, design, installation & start-up support for projects. In addition this person will be involved with some project management functions. He or she will report to the active Engineering manager.
This is an open ended (LONG TERM) contract position which should last for many years.
The Engineer will assist with all phases and aspects of projects as assigned.
Normal work hours 40 hrs/ week Monday – Friday inside the hours of 7:00am to 5:00pm
Work some over time during the week as needed with authorization.
Work some weekends & Holidays as needed with authorization.
Work Plant Shutdowns as needed. This work almost always falls on weekends & Holidays.
Work schedules will vary based on project need.
-This can mean work on back shifts during the time between 5:00pm and 7:00am.
1. Both mechanical and electrical (#1) / automation (#2) disciplines are required
2. Ideally the Engineer(s) become embedded in our office, reporting to the department daily
3. Ability to feed work back to your office and solely manage the activity and deliverables during peak loading times (like today)
4. Knowledge of design and drafting standards is preferred
5. Mechanical ability to design and draft in both Solidworks and AutoCAD is required
6. Electrical ability to design and draft in AutoCAD is required, SEE Electrical is preferred, and machine programming via ladder logic and sequential function charts is an asset
7. Design to Cost and Design for Manufacturing experience is required
8. Ability to apply design rules of thumb or perform engineering calculations when required, FEA simulation study ability is an asset
9. Knowledge of safety regulations, industry standards and application of best practices is preferred
10. Ability to manage external contractors for installation, modification and troubleshooting both new and existing equipment
11. Ability to confidently and effectively communicate information (ie: presentation, milestone & design reviews, scope of work definition, etc.)
12. Ability to thoroughly prepare and review technical specifications for equipment based on good engineering judgment
13. Microsoft office skills, ideally including Project (schedule / timeline preparation and/or updates)
14. Be well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
15. Be capable of working on a team or individual basis with minimal guidance
16. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality in dealings with outside contractors and equipment Suppliers
17. Strong communication skills with ability to influence and resolve issues
18. Ability and willingness to travel as required by the project, up to 25%
19. PE stamp is an asset
Will you please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram?