City of Industry, CA
We are in need of a Manufacturing Engineer in City of Industry, CA. This is a direct hire/permanent position. There are two openings for this position.
Hands-on technical professional who develops and improves manufacturing processes to increase efficiency, quality, and safety. This position is responsible for providing the overall process design and suggesting measures for improvement of manufacturing, thereby increasing productivity and improving manufacturing costs.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Accountable for safety, costs and quality targets for assigned areas.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Write clear, detailed job instructions.
- Create and implement process control plans.
- Lead 1st article manufacturing validation activity for design changes.
- Work with Product Engineering to identify and correct product related issues on the line.
- Must have strong on-the-fly problem solving skills.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Strong voice for new product design for manufacturability.
- Confer with vendors and engineering to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Research and purchase enabling manufacturing technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or industrial) plus a minimum of 3+ years related work experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
- Green Belt/ Black Belt certification preferred.
- Design for manufacturing experience required.
Will you please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram?