City of Industry, CA
We are in need of a Quality Technician in City of Industry, CA. This is a direct hire.
Provide technical support to manufacturing operations, engineering, shipping/receiving and procurement to ensure that products are assembled and delivered in accordance with established Quality Standards and customers’ specifications.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection duties on a variety of parts involving first piece, in process and final inspection.
- A thorough understanding of technical components and processes involved in Bus assembly.
- Perform inspections of sub-assemblies, electrical, interior and exterior of the bus.
- Perform final functional inspection of finished vehicle.
- Perform incoming inspection of components and assemblies as needed.
- Perform and record SPC as needed.
- Set-up and maintain inspection plans from drawings, specifications and control plan.
- Disposition non-conforming material as needed.
- Identify and verify/validate components, assemblies, and sub-assemblies per drawings and related documents.
- Conduct technical quality assurance inspections and use results to improve production processes and standards.
- Complete records of inspection results: acceptance, rejection, disposition, etc.; and enter into log books or computer databases.
- Know how to read and interpret engineering requirements from text and drawings.
- Know how to use a variety of tools, precision-measuring instruments, and multi-meters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2- 4 years of experience in vehicle assembly environment.
- 2-year related technical degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with interior and exterior of Bus manufacturing required.
- Solid computer skills, demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and basic math skills.
- Ability to read blue prints to be able to find critical dimensions.
- Working knowledge of quality measuring instruments, terminology.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Strong work ethic must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet schedules.
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively with technical personnel at all levels is required.
- Solves problems by obtaining data, performing analysis to identify and evaluate possible alternatives.
- Activities and decisions are varied in nature, frequently requiring independent action. Unusual cases are resolved with supervisor/manager.
- Expected to cooperate with co-workers in maintaining continuous workflow.
- Coordination, communication, team problem solving within department is frequently required.
- Common quality measuring tools.
Will you please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram?