This is a first shift position located on the Westside. Currently in season and approximately 50 hours a week. Very fast paced, high volume. $40K.
Reporting to the Shipping Manager, the Shipping Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating activities of Shipping and Dock employees engaged in verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works with customer satisfaction to resolve problems/concerns as they relate to customer order fulfillment.
· Responsible for shipping all orders on time and accurately.
· Track shipping and dock productivity.
· Resolve daily problems/situations related to shipping and dock work.
· Identifying and providing effective feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of subordinates. Helping individuals meet individual goals, which in turn contributes to organizational goals.
· Supervise work assignments of personnel.
· Direct and prioritize daily activities of line workers.
· Implement continuous training processes for new and existing employees.
· Take responsibility for safe working procedures in a material handling environment.
High School Diploma or GED
Requires at least 2 years of experience directly supervising or managing employees with demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills in a warehouse environment.
Strong people management and work well in a team setting.
Proven organizational and problem solving skills are essential.
Proven ability to work with internal and external customers and suppliers.
Strong knowledge of warehouse and distribution operations.
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various levels of management.