This is a first shift position located on the Westside. Currently in season and approximately 50 hours a week. Very fast paced, high volume. $40K.
Reporting to the Receiving Manager, the Receiving Supervisor is responsible for receiving all finished goods and raw materials in to the facility and ensuring its accurate tracking, movement and storage in support of the production and order fulfillment process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Communicates and coordinates with appropriate buyer returns, rejections and credits. Properly inputs credit into computer system. Submits proper documents and notification to accounts payable.
· Supervises and assists in the unloading of trucks, containers, LTL, & express shipments
· Inventories all freight against all packing slips and PO’s
· Documents any damage upon receipt of shipment. Reports overage, shortages and damages according to operating procedures.
· Sorts and segregates freight, using bar code scanning system, to ensure it is assigned to the correct destination.
· Verifies shipping information from the scan unit to ensure freight is labeled correctly.
· Records and checks quantity and quality of goods received for conformity to purchase orders and specifications.
· Inputs stock items as required and store in assigned location in or around the warehouse.
· Marks inventory codes on goods using proper labeling equipment.
· Excels in time management, multi-tasking and balancing multiple requests at one time.
· Demonstrates the ability to follow directions and change priorities or job duties as business needs require; rotate to other department functions as needed.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Proficient personal computer skills.
· Ability to work effectively with tight timelines.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across functions.
Other Job Demands:
· Some overtime and Saturdays required.
· Willing and able to work in a hot and cold warehouse environment.
· Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 75 lbs.
· Extended periods standing / walking / bending / stooping / kneeling on concrete floors.
· Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate powered equipment, including pallet jacks and forklift trucks.