Please note there are two shifts available:
1st: 6:30 am -3:30 pm M-F
3rd: 10:30 am - 7:30 am M-F
Positions are salary but are eligible for overtime pay. Because they are currently short staffed there is overtime required.
Lead production associates in the efficient performance of their duties to meet Safety, Quality, Production and Financial objectives.
EDUCATION and TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred, High school diploma, GED or equivalency required. Vocational training preferred.
Prefer one to five years supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to provide expertise in the development of new and/or improved methods of manufacturing for current and new product designs to reduce product cost and improve product quality. Must be able to effectively mentor and lead cross functional teams.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Position requires the knowledge and experience necessary to efficiently direct multiple operations and demonstrate sound supervisory/leadership skills. Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to work well with others, including engineering, quality personnel, and managers. Excellent math and mechanical skills, the ability to problem solve, and a good understanding of production floor environment is required.
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
Computer, calculator, general office equipment. Knowledge of the operation/function of various tools, measuring devices and machines as they pertain to the manufacturing process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain/Improve production associates performance by effective coaching, counseling and disciplining associates; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Complete Performance Evaluations for associates in the area.
• Participate in the hiring process.
• Train new associates.
• Administer company policies.
• Develop and adhere to budgets.
• Identify current and future production requirements.
• Support product development and continuous improvement.
• Design, implement and modify productivity programs.
• Maintain production schedules and direct departmental production operations.
• Ensure quality standards are met.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Rotate tasks within the assigned work group.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Work extra hours to maintain production requirements, as required.
Must possess physical dexterity and the ability to lift 60 pounds from the floor.
Consistently demonstrate excellent communication, supervisory and leadership skills. Provide technical knowledge as needed. Assure area meets or exceeds required production standards (safety, quality, efficiency, utilization, conversion) and operate within department budget. Must meet Safety, Quality, Attendance and Personal Conduct policies as outlined by the Associate Handbook.