Direct Hire position
Job Title: Quality Manager
Reports to: President
Client is a precision machine shop for aerospace and aircraft components and they are seeking someone with experience in this area to include work with CNC machines and lathes.
This position is not suited for someone with experience in “building a plane” but someone that has worked with small metal parts for the plane....take the block of metal and machine it for their customers, precision molding.
AS9100 experience is required.
This position would be in charge of quality to include the office side and quality engineers. They are looking for someone that can be a leader but yet hands on.
They are a smaller company in the 100 employee range with great stability. They are a 24/7 operation and this position would most likely be working in the 50 hours a week range
The Quality Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the quality systems designed to ensure the best processes are implemented consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals.
Key performance objectives in order of priority are:
1. Manages and oversees quality system, ensuring the best processes are implemented in accordance with AS9100 requirements to remain a supplier of choice in the aerospace and defense industry.
2. Drives the organization towards perfect quality through planning and continuous improvement of systems, processes and products to ensure customer satisfaction and reduce the cost of quality.
3. Drives daily quality activities of the organization to ensure production meets quality standards and requirements in order to consistently achieve customer satisfaction.
4. Manages and develops employees in a manner that fosters a culture of learning and improvement and encourages career and company growth.
1. Initiates and oversees the comprehensive quality/process improvement program and provides oversight for all quality activities with accountability for ensuring organization-wide awareness.
2. Drives the planning, identification, and selection of technology and equipment needed to support quality management initiatives.
3. Serves as a member of the leadership team in the development of the strategic planning model to assist with growth and advancement of the organization.
4. Assesses, recommends, and monitors the departmental budget and assists in forecasting financial and manpower requirements.
5. Coaches, mentors, motivates, supervises, develops, and rewards quality supervisors and quality engineers.
6. Proactively educates leadership and staff on quality, performance improvement activities, regulatory issues, and new guidelines.
7. Provides quality resources to assist the departments in interpreting and complying with all phases of quality control and quality improvement. Ensures that quality personnel resources are effectively assigned and utilized.
8. Reviews parts with Quality Supervisor and makes final approval or rejection as needed.
9. Troubleshoots and resolves quality issues creating production interruptions or hindering achievement of daily production goals.
10. Establishes curriculum and development of quality-related training and assists Human Resources in the scheduling and presentation of such instruction.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors.
Decision Making: Demonstrates an ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner; gathers relevant input and develops a rationale for making decisions; evaluates the impact or consequences of decisions before making them.
1. Goal Achievement.
2. Personal Accountability.
3. Planning and Organizing.
Position: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $26.00-$36.00 per hour depending on experience
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM
Business attire: Uniforms, must wear steel-toed shoes and safety glasses
Medical, dental, vision, health savings account, life insurance, short/long term disability, uniforms, 401K with company match, employee assistance program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, 7 paid holidays, vacation, and personal time.