Oasis Staffing is looking for a CNC Machinist for our client located on the Westside. This is direct hire position. Please state salary requirements on your resume.
Machinist with the ability to fixture set up and operate CNC Milling and Turning centers.
Must be able to read drawings, understand work instructions and the use of close tolerance inspection tools.
This is a full time position.
Key Skills and Competencies:
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred in set-up of CNC horizontal milling and CNC vertical milling machines and turning machines.
2. Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
3. Strong understanding in blue print reading/ geometric tolerance interpretation.
4. Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
5. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
6. Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
7. Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
8. Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
9. CNC programming using Esprit SolidTurn & SolidMillTurn CAD/CAM Software
And CAMWorks 2014 CNC 5-axis Mill and Turning CAD/CAM Software a plus but not required.
10. Past experience with Mikron 400, Mikron 450, Mikron 600, Okuma LT2000-EX, Mazak Nexus VCN510C-II 4 axis Vertical CNC Machining Center with Matrix Control equipment, as well as experience with Milltronics CNC ML18 Lathe with 19" swing and 60" bed length a plus, preferred.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for operation, loading parts, proving programs, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
2. Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
3. Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
4. Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of productions. Reports all machine malfunctions to Manager.
5. Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
6. Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
7. Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
8. May perform other duties as assigned by management.
Must pass a drug and criminal background check.