Engineer I - Mechanical This is a direct hire position with benefits.
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS FOR LOCAL OR CANDIDATES THAT ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RELOCATING TO THE JACKSONVILLE AREA.
The successful candidate will be involved in several aspects of mechanical engineering design of antennas. This individual will support the design and testing of satellite communications antennas, waveguide and printed circuit assemblies, radomes and other components. They will perform solid modeling, thermal simulations, FEA, and materials strength analysis as required. This individual will develop and conduct tests for indoor and outdoor mechanical and electro-mechanical components, including appropriate fixture design and construction. Additional responsibilities will include component design and qualification; and packaging design. They will be a primary interface to manufacturing and supply chain.
• Support RF Engineering Team to transfer electrical designs to mechanical designs
• Develop manufacturing drawings and procedures from 3D SolidWorks models
• Update and maintain drawing files, drawing standards and quality standards
• Develop, test and validate final RF systems for mechanical and RF functionality
• Discuss and solve complex problems with other departments, suppliers and customers
• See that design drawings are complete and well understood
• Drawing review; work within the department to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Produce specifications and outline designs
• Develop manufacturing processes
• Completes projects by training and guiding technicians
• Design tests, procedures, and write reports for mechanical and environmental testing
BSME (MSME preferred), or equivalent, from accredited 4-year institution
2-5 years of relevant mechanical design experience.
Proficiency in SolidWorks
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to efficiently construct specifications, Structured BOMs, manufacturing procedures, test reports, and test requirements documents.
Antenna experience, reflector, arrays, waveguide, printed circuits
Tolerancing and GD&T knowledge, Familiar with ASME Y14.5
FEA training using COSMOS/SolidWorks modeling software.
Strong mechanical design aptitude; materials science knowledge a plus.
Experience in CNC machining, machine design and electromechanical design
3D Printing Experience
Manufacturing and Supply Chain knowledge
Metrology and metrology software experience (CMM, portable arm, laser tracker, etc)
Proven willingness and ability to take on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meet aggressive timelines