Thank you for your interest in working for Performance Personnel. If you intend to apply for this position, please read these important bullet points before proceeding:
- Applications will be followed by an in-person interview and onboarding; please allow 30+ minutes.
- Please be prepared to provide your complete work history including company name, duties performed, and start and end dates. A resume is always recommended but not required.
- Most positions require a short online skills assessment.
- It is suggested that you bring in your IDs needed to complete the I-9 form. Typical examples are a state-issued driver's license/ID AND a social security card/birth certificate.
Now on to the Job details...
Welder - MIG & Fluxcore
Candidate must submit a resume with the online application
Candidate must have very stable work history. This is a deal breaker
Candidate has a high level of Mechanical Aptitude
Position starts out as Temp but the intent is to Hire on Permanent after 480 hours (<90days). Great Benefits once hired permanently.
Now read the rest...
Primary Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
Perform welding duties using wire welding GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) and FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding)
Weld various metals as specified by procedures, layouts, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, oral instructions, and with or without the use of weld procedure specifications (WPS). Welds range from simple tacks to complex welds, performed in varying positions
Work includes set-up, laying out work using fixtures/jigs to fabricate, modify, or repair parts
Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders, cutting torches, hand tools, drills, punches, tape measures, etc.
Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, blueprints, work instructions and procedures
Work with minimal supervision to complete tasks on time
Maintain level of work performance in accordance with Company Quality Assurance standards and/or job order specifications
Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
Perform or assist in other assigned duties as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
One year previous welding experience with MIG and Fluxcore
One year previous fabrication/fit-up experience
Ability to acquire welding certification in accordance with American Welding Society (AWS D1.1 ) 5F and 5G standards. In-house certification required upon hire
Ability to work overtime as needed (during week and on Saturdays)
Perform work in various physical positions including, standing, kneeling, sitting, squatting, bending and reaching
Perform work off elevated surfaces and in confined spaces
Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, tape measures and weld procedure specifications (WPS)
Ability to pass pre-employment weld testing
About Performance Personnel
- Performance Personnel is a technology-driven, employee-focused staffing and recruitment company with hundreds of jobs available daily.
- Take the work out of finding work!
- Our skilled recruiters will partner with you to find the best opportunities.
- We offer an array of services to help our employees maximize their professional development.
- Please contact us at any time – we’re happy to help!
535 S Emporia #104
Wichita, KS 67202
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
formerly known as Oasis Staffing