Machine Operator - Sparta, MI
• Uphold company safety, environmental and quality standards.
• Ability to work safely with sharp blades.
• Stand a significant part of the shift; lift up to 85 pounds on an occasional basis. Lift finished goods rolls up to 40 lbs. Pull up to 3000 pounds with a pallet jack.
• Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment as needed.
• Complete production paperwork and perform inventories/cycle counts.
• Follow and give written and oral instructions/communication, and work without close supervision.
• Able to use a pallet Jack to move product around
• Sort and pack products to quality standards. Rewind or rework defective material to quality.
• Make boxes and place around machine, take rolls off machine, package and stack cases on skids. Assist Operators as needed.
• Work in a group concept; self-motivated; and able and willing to be cross- functional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Machine Operator position:
Any additional duties assigned
• Keep machine(s) and work area(s) neat and clean.
• Train new employees as instructed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements for Machine Operator position:
• High school graduate or equivalent work experience with basic math, written and oral communication skills as well as mechanical skills.
• Previous machine related experience preferred.
• Requires good hearing and correctable vision.
• Stand up a significant part of the shift; lift up to 35 pounds.
• Must be able to take rolls of machine, reaching to a height of 6 feet.
• Must be able to work in a group concept environment.
• Must be able to pay attention to details and knowledge of the metric system, preferred.
• Ability to use calculator and measuring tools.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively with others.
• Hours: any as required, including overtime.
• Must be able to work within the framework of 5S, ISO and TS requirements.
JOB Order: 123224