Plant Quality Manager - Livonia, Michigan - Starting Salary of $70k (negotiable BOE)
Job Summary: The Plant Quality Manager will directly report to the Plant General Manager. He/She will be fully responsible for product quality and quality control plans for each customer. He/She will manage and control flow of the quality department. The qualified candidate will maintain all standard certifications needed for the business and develop a plan of excellence. They will also maintain an operational budget and discuss performance evaluations with all quality personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Quality Plant Manager position:
- 100% responsible for product quality and quality control plans for every customer.
- APQP Tasks and 18 Step PPAP Processes.
- Manage and Control of all quality departments.
Job Requirements of Plant Quality Manager:
- Maintain and keep customer pain points to a minimum.
- 100% to print products out the door.
- Conduct Sigma 6 Status reports for all current processes (following initial 6 month period).
- Reduce the cost of quality programs.
- Create a lean quality organization or department to comply with all modern standards.
- Plan and execute a 6 Sigma project for each and all of the manufacturing processes. (6 to 18 months).
- Create and implement a 5S Project for entire plant.
- Achieve 6 Sigma Stage on all manufacturing processes (18 months or more).
Qualifications for Plant Quality Manager Position:
- Metallurgic, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree
- Metal forming industry experience (5 years minimum)
- Experience in Management (2 years minimum)
- Bilingual a huge plus (Spanish - multiple programs in Mexico)
- APQP experience (2 years)
- GD&T experience (2 years)
- PPAP 18 phase 100% certified (minimum 2 years experience)
- CMM experience
- Automotive industry program management experience (2 years)
- All basic computer skills
- Quality spill management and spill damage control experience
- High energy
- High communication skills
- Ability to relate to others
- High performance teamwork
- High media management and communication proficiency (audio, video image)
- High negotiating skills
* Position requires travel outside of the United States
Job Order: #123899