Material Handler - Sparta, MI
*The Material Handler is responsible for moving components to designated areas as needed and delivering materials correctly to the appropriate machine in a safe manner according to policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Material Handler position:
· Uphold company safety, environmental and quality standards
· Determine from Material Orders at each machine, what materials are required and when, and deliver to those machines
· Work safely with sharp blades
· Move materials to appropriate areas such as, but not limited to, moving jumbos, packing materials, skids, etc.
· Assist operators with changeovers, splicing, and help take rolls off the spoolers and other functions as needed.
· Run core cutting machines and deliver cores to machines as necessary.
· Follow and give written and oral instructions/communication, and work without close supervision
Job Requirements of Material Handler position:
*High school graduate or equivalent, work experience with basic math, written and oral communication skills as well as mechanical skills
*Previous machine related experience preferred
*Requires good hearing and correctable vision
*Stand, walk, bend and squat throughout shift; lift up to 65 pounds boxes/rolls on an occasional basis, stacking boxes up to 6ft.; pull up to 3000 pounds with a pallet jack
*Must be able to work in a group concept environment
*Must be able to pay attention to details and knowledge of the metric system, preferred
*Ability to use calculator and measuring tools
*Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively with others
*Hours: any as required, including overtime
*Must be able to work within the framework of 5S, ISO and TS requirements
*Must be able to pass and maintain forklift certification.
Job Order #: 125826