Furnace Operator – Heat Treat Operations
Company is seeking Furnace Operators for both day and night shift production operations. Interested candidates should be able to stand for 12-hour shifts, pay attention to detail, and work well independently and with a team. All applicants should be reliable, professional and demonstrate a great work attitude!
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Read production schedules and work orders to determine processing sequences, furnace temperatures, and heat cycle requirements for objects to be heat-treated.
• Record times that parts are removed from furnaces to document that objects have attained specified temperatures for specified times.
• Load parts into containers and place containers on conveyors to be inserted into furnaces, or insert parts into furnaces.
• Maintain housekeeping in the work area.
• Determine types and temperatures needed to attain specified part hardness, toughness, and ductility, using heat-treating charts and knowledge of methods, equipment and metals.
• Remove parts from furnaces after specified times, and air dry or cool parts.
• Position stock in furnaces, using tongs, chain hoists, or pry bars.
• Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
• Determine flame temperatures, and heating cycles, based on degree of hardness required and properties of stock to be treated.
* Must be safety-conscious, and must have a strong work ethic. Candidate must be highly dependable and have outstanding attendance.
* Must be willing to work in high temperatures, stand for long periods of time, lift items up to 30 pounds and do repetitive hand movement.
* Duties include putting parts onto a furnace line and inspection. Must be able to work overtime as needed.