This is a quality steel processing center that provides pickling, slitting, and blanking services to the flat rolled steel market. This company is equipped with state of the art pickle lines are furnished with Tension Levelers. Their pickle lines also have top and bottom side automated surface inspection systems, fully automated gauge and width profiling, and prewash and coating systems. Operating 7 days a week, 24 hours a day; serving the automotive, steel distribution, and tubing and appliance industries.
1. Positions loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, banding gun or bucket.
2. Observes load hookup and determines safety of load
3. Manipulates or depresses equipment controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions
4. Cleans and maintains area and hoisting mechanism
5. Working in a warehouse facility within OSHA guidelines; conditions may be heated and/or unheated, dusty and noisy; steel-toed boots required daily.
1. Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 35 pounds
2. Ability to effectively read and use a tape measure, caliper, and micrometer
3. Mechanical comprehension
4. Ability to stand, walk or be mobile for up to eight hours per shift
5. Ability to follow directions
6. Ability to accurately read a tape measure
1. Must have previous manufacturing experience
2. Familiar with the use of various measuring tools (tape measure)
3. Must have good mathematical and grammatical skills
4. Must have basic computer skills (not the same as using a smart phone)
5. Good communications skills are a must
6. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping
7. Strong teamwork skills
8. Excellent attendance required