This position is responsible to facilitate the movement of products/equipment/materials out of the country, via ocean freight in accordance with organizational policy and procedures, and to comply with relevant local, country and international laws and processes. To provide customer service to exporting customers: bookings, rates, document production, accounting, agent interaction, and problem solving.
1. Prepare/coordinate the necessary documentation for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all ocean export activities.
2. Coordinate cargo pick up/transfer. Monitor status.
3. Communicate with export related authorities, and customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities.
4. Manage/update carrier/vendor rates. Obtain spot rates when necessary.
5. Communicate/correspond with overseas agents and clients in a timely manner. To include pre alert, rate requests, shipment status.
6. Track shipments and update customers/agents of status.
7. Create and maintain customer files.
8. Responsible for customer invoicing and payables approval.
9. Audit files to ensure accuracy and completion.
10. Interaction with coworkers in a professional and courteous manner.
11. Complete JWS entry and documentation.
12. Assist other departments as needed, or when requested by department or branch manager.
1. Previous experience in a similar position.
2. Ability to work in a fluid work environment and be able to effectively deal with unexpected situations.
3. Ability to Think pro-actively and address work challenges with diplomacy, using effective problem resolution skills.
4. Be respectful to management and co-workers.
5. Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a “direct threat” to the health or safety of self or others.
6. Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Able to comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence.
3. Able to comprehend moderate instructions and short correspondence.
4. Able to read, analyze, and interpret moderate to complex business correspondence.
5. Able to add and subtract two digit numbers, multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
6. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
7. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and verbal instructions
1. Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
2. Able to sit for an extended period of time.
3. Able to read small print on export documents.
4. Visually/physically review cargo before export.