Welding assembler--Savannah, GA----$18+/hour
Operate without supervision all types of welding, blending and stress relief equipment such as Shielded Metal Arc, Gas Tungsten Arc, Metal Inert Gas (MIG), and Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
Operate without supervision specified metal fabrication tooling and equipment such as oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting arc torches, PWHT equipment, and vacuum furnaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform component setup as well as basic digital programming on welding equipment controls.
• Working from drawings and/or work instructions, set up parts and/or major components and using appropriate cutting and abrasive devices, prepare the components for welding.
• Locate and measure to and from the correct surfaces and provide detailed inspection information regarding the surfaces identified and specified on the provided work instructions.
• Understand penetrant applications and inspection methods (i.e., red-dye, fluorescent penetrant).
• Understand distortion and heat input controls and measurement as well as correctional methods.
• Use suitable tools to properly contour weld parts and components to match complex and close tolerance configuration requirements.
• Provide recommendations and general production process improvements.
• Operate furnaces and related stress relief equipment.
• Perform equipment PM as assigned.
• Perform other such duties as may be required.
All candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and welding test
Must own your own welding helmet, gloves, nippers, pliers, and necessary PPE required to pass a weld test in order to be considered
Job number 162008